Board of Fire Commissioners
Notes of Regular Meeting held, October 20, 2011
Note: These notes become official when approved at a subsequent meeting.
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners was called to order at 1310hours by Fire Commissioner Mycock, Fire Commissioner Field and Fire Commissioner Nailor
Recording- Amy Kates, Barbara Trainor- Tessier
Fire Commissioners Comments:
• Motion made by Fire Commissioner Field to accept August 18th Fire Commissioner meeting minutes, seconded by Fire Commissioner Nailor, motion carried
• Motion made to accept September 15th 2011 Fire Commissioner meeting minutes with correction, seconded by Fire Commissioner Mycock, motion carried
• Concerned with using Engine 265 to the scene for med flight landing
• Concern with long tern injury to Firefighter
• District members requesting to be on staffing sub-committee(Amy Kates, Jim Gardner)
• Letter for the record- requesting for Chairperson of the Fire Commissioners resignation
• Comments made- “stay in your own lane”
• Chain of Command- Tax payers being at the top
• House numbers regulations
• Need an educational seminar on possibly hiring two firefighters
• Why aren’t we positing our minutes on the District Web Site
Fire Chief’s Report:
• Monthly activities: August 2011 Fifty-four incidents fire and rescue combined, September 2011 forty-one incidents fire and rescue combined.
• Fire House Software issues are being worked out can not print staff activity reports, working with Fire House Consultant.
• Comstar: $34,421.00 beginning balance, $34,797.00 ending balance
• Imagine Trend EMS Software- The reports are stating that we are charging for oxygen but did not use it on the patient. Maybe a code issue that we are experiencing, we are looking into issue.
• 22% of the salaries have been spent
• 44% of the operational budget has been spent
• Appropriations- working with Treasurer to close out some of the appropriations that are zero balance
• Union contract has been completed and signed Fire Commissioner Mycock to hand out copies to Board members
• Personnel/staffing sub-committee- Fire Commissioner Nailor, Prudential Committee Barry, Fire Chief Olsen, Union President Amento and one district member
• ISO Rating is in the process for Cotuit Fire Rescue Department, ISO consultant need our training records, scheduled meeting next month
• Engine 265 maintenance and repairs quoted between $7,000.00 to $9,000.00 dollars
• Temporary/provisional position: request for permission to have an open dialogue with the Union to discuss the possibility.
Fire Commissioner Mycock made a motion to adjourn the meeting, motion seconded by Fire Commissioner Nailor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned 1359 hours.
Board of Fire Commissioners