October 2011 Fire Commissioners Meeting MinutesPosted by in Announcements
Board of Fire Commissioners
Notes of Regular Meeting held, October 20, 2011
Note: These notes become official when approved at a subsequent meeting.
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners was called to order at 1310hours by Fire Commissioner Mycock, Fire Commissioner Field and Fire Commissioner Nailor
Recording- Amy Kates, Barbara Trainor- Tessier
Fire Commissioners Comments:
• Motion made by Fire Commissioner Field to accept August 18th Fire Commissioner meeting minutes, seconded by Fire Commissioner Nailor, motion carried
• Motion made to accept September 15th 2011 Fire Commissioner meeting minutes with correction, seconded by Fire Commissioner Mycock, motion carried
• Concerned with using Engine 265 to the scene for med flight landing
• Concern with long tern injury to Firefighter
• District members requesting to be on staffing sub-committee(Amy Kates, Jim Gardner)
• Letter for the record- requesting for Chairperson of the Fire Commissioners resignation
• Comments made- “stay in your own lane”
• Chain of Command- Tax payers being at the top
• House numbers regulations
• Need an educational seminar on possibly hiring two firefighters
• Why aren’t we positing our minutes on the District Web Site
Fire Chief’s Report:
• Monthly activities: August 2011 Fifty-four incidents fire and rescue combined, September 2011 forty-one incidents fire and rescue combined.
• Fire House Software issues are being worked out can not print staff activity reports, working with Fire House Consultant.
• Comstar: $34,421.00 beginning balance, $34,797.00 ending balance
• Imagine Trend EMS Software- The reports are stating that we are charging for oxygen but did not use it on the patient. Maybe a code issue that we are experiencing, we are looking into issue.
• 22% of the salaries have been spent
• 44% of the operational budget has been spent
• Appropriations- working with Treasurer to close out some of the appropriations that are zero balance
• Union contract has been completed and signed Fire Commissioner Mycock to hand out copies to Board members
• Personnel/staffing sub-committee- Fire Commissioner Nailor, Prudential Committee Barry, Fire Chief Olsen, Union President Amento and one district member
• ISO Rating is in the process for Cotuit Fire Rescue Department, ISO consultant need our training records, scheduled meeting next month
• Engine 265 maintenance and repairs quoted between $7,000.00 to $9,000.00 dollars
• Temporary/provisional position: request for permission to have an open dialogue with the Union to discuss the possibility.
Fire Commissioner Mycock made a motion to adjourn the meeting, motion seconded by Fire Commissioner Nailor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned 1359 hours.
Board of Fire Commissioners
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.